Thursday 24 March 2011

Over the Rainbow

Today I have had another lazy day at home and the only thing I really did is make the kids some Rainbow Cupcakes. Such an easy recipe I use for most of my cupcakes that taste just as good after being frozen.



Into 1 cup metric measuring cup, place 2 eggs, then fill to the top with thickened cream.
Pour into mixing bowl.
Beat for 1 minute with electric mixer.
Add 1 splash vanilla essence & 3/4 cup caster sugar.
Beat for 3 minutes.
...
Add 1 cup SR flour (sifted), fold into mixture with wooden spoon until incorporated.
Place mixture into 14 muffin tins lined with paper cases, bake in moderate oven until light golden brown and cakes spring back when lightly touched.
 
See, I told you it was easy. Now, after folding through the flour, split into six different bowls and add colour. I use "paste" colours that I prefer for fondant, as the colours come out so much richer than food dye. Then just spoon in layers into the patty case, since the colours are so pretty I don't worry about icing.
The inside.
 
I have been a little slack in the sewing department and have a few heat bags cut out and ready to be stitched, but that will have to be a job for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment